Monday, December 29, 2008

Oh, it's been a while.

On to happier things. Because focusing on knitting keeps my mind from wandering.

A week before Christmas something spectacular happened. I was commissioned by one of my favorite bands, MGMT, to knit a headband with their logo on it. Oh, and it was for their Kids music video!

Here is their logo. They wanted it done horizontal in neon pink, across an 80's style blue or gray background.


Oh. And the headband was for a baby. And they needed it in 2 days. And this was 5 days before Christmas! So, out the window went my knitting and sleeping schedule, and these are what I came up with.


Also, I had to come up with a billing rate, which cause me much distress. I was originally thinking $25-$35 plus materials, but was convinced by both my boss and a knitting friend of mine who sells her stuff all the time that I should charge somewhere upwards of $200. I settled on charging them $15 an hour for six hours of work (the time it took me to design and knit the blue headband) plus materials. They didn't even bat an eyelash.

So. The music video should come out in a month or so. I'm sure I'll post when it does. Oh, and here it is on rav

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD! I love MGMT. That's so very awesome! And the headbands are kickass.