Sunday, February 8, 2009

Yes it's been a while...

I've been knitting a lot of little projects lately. trying to use up some stash yarn. I think you saw the start of this, a lace ribbon scarf in Jade Sapphire cashmere yarn, when you were here. It's so so soft & is really more purple than this photo shows.





But the lace ribbon is going slowly bec this is what I'd rather work on:




Another scarf: this yarn is the merino-silk I got in Alaska that I overdyed bec it had too much yellow in it. Now I love it. I'm following the Old Shale pattern, which I guess is just a fancy name for a basic feather & fan repeat.

Then I started a skinny reversible one-row scarf in some Prism Bolero. I bought the yarn at Stitches East bec it will go with three of my sweater sets & be great for work. The pattern is one of the most mindless things I've ever knitted.






I took your advice and started the Jared Flood Turn A Square hat with the Noro Silk Garden Chunky. I'm striping it with some of the Malabrigo wool you gave me last year. Really nice together.



What are you knitting?
love, mom

No comments: