Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Currently OTN

Since my office moved last week, I've been taking the metro to work. Sometimes it's so crowded knitting is impossible, but when I get a seat, this is the wrap that I'm working on:






The yarn is Sanguine Gryphon silk that I got at the Takoma Park homespun yarn party last March. It's really yummy soft, and the shades in the colorway actually are just like the colors of the Aegean Sea (I started this in Greece but lost a lot due to a Denise needle crisis--again). The pattern is mindless & perfect for subway knitting:

Row 1: K2, YO, *to end.

Row 2: K2, drop YO, *to end.

What I want to knit all the time, but which takes attention, is my Hanging Garden Stole. I love the pattern (Sivia's), the beads, and the yarn (Neighborhood silk). I've finished about a third of it, and I don't care how long it takes me to finish. I think it's already the most beautiful thing I've ever knitted.


Plus I'm still working on the Be Sweet bamboo scarf and a market bag. And I'm going to cast on a Borders Log Cabin baby blanket or [rav link] with the Manos Cotton Stria I've had stashed for forever. My first attempt at log cabining. I'm going to use hot pink, orange, turquoise, purple, and green. Cool, no? Pictures soon. Whatever happened to your koigu log cabin squares?

love, mom

No comments: