Saturday, June 7, 2008

Finally a Quarter Rat

So I've finally moved into my apartment, and I'm sorry I haven't posted any pictures, but my camera died. I'm sure I packed my camera cord somewhere completely reasonable, but I haven't been able to find it.



Anyways, I went to the Mid-City Stitch and Bitch on Tuesday, where i knit on my Leyburn Socks. I had gotten about an inch and a half up the calf when i tried them on, and they were nearly impossible to get over my heel. I'm thinking I may need to knit them top down, and then graft them at the ball of the foot.... which sounds like a pain in the ass. I'm just not sure WHAT to do...


So, I started a pair of Jaywalkers in Yarntini's Blue Hawaiian variegated sock yarn. I thought I was buying the self-stripping, but beggars can't be choosers, as her stock usually sells out in minutes. I ended up really, really liking them.


The colors in the skein are actually more accurate than they are in the sock.

Also, my koigu log cabin squares are actually a Babette Blanket, and they are coming along well. It's just that it's not a very good travel project, as it required many many skeins of yarn, and since I've been traveling a lot recently (you know, from house to house) It has been set aside in a Tupperware bin. I'm VERY excited about the use of the Cotton Stria, I think it's going to look amazing.

1 comment: