Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Mom, where are you?

So Kevin was in town this weekend and we had a glorious time, and ate quite heartily the whole way though. After my last visitors I came to the realization that I need to diet the week before I have guests or else I feel bad about eating things like fried green tomato and shrimp remoulade po boys.

I think I did a good job of feeding/showing Kevin what the city is all about, and he spent some time on his first day just exploring on his own. Also, we enjoyed a seriously delicious meal at Luke's where we enjoyed P &J oysters and something called a flamenküche. Which is like a pizza topped with cheese, french onion soup, and fried bacon. Thanks so much for funding that experience. New Orleans sure knows how to make everything as fattening as possible. Oh, and he also got my Jacques-imo's leftovers as soon as he got off the plane (blackened redfish and chili hollendaise).

Anyways, amidst all that eating, it became knit weather again in New Orleans! Well, sort of. At night at least. And so I made something I've had in my sketch book for months.



A red Slouchy Scaley looking hat. I made it out of about 1.2 skeins of Blue Sky Alpacas Worsted Hand Dyes, and I've already gotten quite a few complements on it. Kevin did say that he thought it was a little too emo/hipster for me, but I think I can rock it.


So. Bad pictures aside and all. I'm a big fan. [Rav Link]

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the hat, Caro!