Saturday, August 9, 2008

I'm Alive.

... and hot. It's pretty gross. I've finished my Shetland Shorty. But as I don't think I ever posted here that I had even started to knit it, I'll explain that bit. I started off knitting the Silk Shrug from Debbie Bliss's Silk Book. I actually bothered to swatch, got gauge with some beautiful blue Collinette Jitterbug, and I started knitting the 34" size. I wanted to give myself 2" of negative ease, seeing the shrug is all kinds of cables and that Jitterbug, a Superwash Merino, is much more sproingy than the pure silk that the pattern called for.



And thats how that turned out. Why I bothered to keep knitting, and knitting, I'll never know. Well, I kindof do. Nevermind... I feel bad about ranting about it here. Knitting is supposed to be relaxing, right? So I picked up one of my remaining balls of yarn and cast on for the Shetland Shorty.


Here is what it looked like three weeks ago.


It's done now, but I'm lame and haven't taken any pictures of it. Mostly due to the fact that it is New Orleans in August and the temperature has been hovering somewhere around 100 degrees.

No comments: