Thursday, August 7, 2008

MS4

Dear Caro,
Did you sign up for the Ravelympics? I looked but did not jump in. I never finish anything in 20 days. Instead (because I don't have enough things to knit OR enough stash), I've signed up for Mystery Stole 4 [ravlink] . I've wanted to do a knit-a-long thing but never got my act together before. The shawl takes 1100 yards of solid color laceweight that's "drapey" with good stitch definition and a slew of contrasting beads. The first clue will come out on Sept 5 so I need to get yarn & beads & start swatching now! I'm thinking of a silk-merino blend or a cashmere blend yarn but haven't seen any colors I love yet. Maybe a silvery gray or a dark purple?

Am I nuts to even think of knitting something when I don't know what it will look like AND it doesn't use up any of my stash?

No need to answer that.

love mom

No comments: